Baking bits

Sunday, 25 August 2024

Summer Moments

Before I start this blogpost, I want to apologise for being so sporadic and non consistent with uploading! From next year, I aim to be more regular as I realised I miss just the freedom of typing and almost forgot that almost anyone could be reading this so if you are, hello! I hope you are having a lovely day or night depending on when you stumble across this!

 As I type this, I am taking a moment to reflect on how grateful I feel to be in this present moment and how you as a reader of this current post are probably thinking "Well, this got deep very quickly" so I shan't bore you all to death and I'll crack on!

Towards the end of July, I drove (i.e. was a passenger princess and a family member drove -we're nothing if not honest over here-) and popped down to be reunited with family and essentially catch up! When we first arrived, we were met with rain and if that is not typical British weather then what is! However, after a few hours it quickly dispersed and the sun came out

One thing you may not know about me is that I absolutely love to bake, I think there's nothing more homely and welcoming that being surrounded by good for the soul hearty food! As well as some bakes, we also made vegan and non vegan waffles which were absolutely delicious! In the vegan waffles, we included desiccated coconut which made such a lovely difference

So naturally, I had to take a few pictures, The recipe I used were two, one was vegan friendly and was actually so lovely! The vegan recipe: Recipe  I found the recipe on BBC Good Food, I feel like their website has something for everyone and it was so quick and simple to make! The other recipe I used is by JanesPattiserie who has a food blog and Instagram and has some amazing recipes! This proved to be a hit with the family and I will leave a link here: Non Vegan Recipe 







For dinner, we had something called raclette which is apparently swiss inspired, this concept was slightly new to me, however was quite fun as I loved the little trays and watching it cook 




No comments:

Post a Comment